im going to be 38 weeks prego on sunday and i have been feeling pressure down below, and period cramps like feeling off and on, i think she has dropped, my back is hurting down below and she is so acitve and my dr. is wanting to induce me on tuesday how long will it take after he starts the induction.

jessyka795

Asked by jessyka795 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is it your first child? They induced me with my first and the whole process started at 8am on a Monday, mind you my cervix were HARD and I wasn't dilated at all, but he came out at 12:34pm the next day. Hard labor was only about 5 or so hours once the petocin really kicked in
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 9:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I checked into the hospital at 7pm on a Monday night. By 8pm they gave me cervidil(inserted vaginally) and I delivered at 5:40pm Tuesday. I had an epidural and pitocin and she was what they call "sunny side up". So I ended up pushing for an hour and a half and she finally came out. My nurse said it would have been much less pushing if she was facing down instead of up. My doctor seemed like he wanted me to do a C-section instead of waiting for me to deliver vaginally. In some ways I wanted to go into labor on my own but at least everything was scheduled which made it less stressful considering she was my first. Good luck and I'm sure you'll do great!
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my baby is head down , this my first baby . so will that make a difference.
    jessyka795

Answer by jessyka795 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• What's his reason for inducing you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my baby girl is over 6 pounds
    jessyka795

Answer by jessyka795 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• That's not a very good reason if you ask me. I delivered an 8 pound boy. Inducing can lead to a c section...are you prepared for that if it happens?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Sounds like your little lady is trying to come into the world on her own,Congrats. I really don't you need induction,you sound like my labor I had.
    Anonymous

• I'm with the previous anon. Why are they inducing you? Medical? Or for their convenience? I would ask the dr to wait it out. Babies come on their own schedule. To answer your question. I was induced at 7 pm. I did fine until they broke my water and the contractions were non stop. I finally deliver at 10:31 the next morning. I didn't want an epidural so I labored through it until 5am. I only dialated from a 3 to a 4 in those twelve hrs. After I got the epidural and my body could relax, I progressed rather quickly. they induced me on my dd b/c my water level was too low and my son may not have made it thru the weekend if I kept losing water.
    Anyway, they should have big reasons for inducing you before you edd. Otherwise it seems like you daughter is going to come soon anyway. Hope this helped!
    sweetboys4me

Answer by sweetboys4me at 9:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Inducing is much harder on your body than when the baby comes naturally.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Why are they inducing???? A 6 pound baby isn't that big. I was a 120 pound woman and had a 7.1 pound son first....and had to be induced at 36 weeks because there wasn't enough amneotic fluid in there, meaning they can suffocate. After being put on fluids through IV for 48 hours, the fluid went up but not enough....that's a real reason to induce. I'm not being mean, but naturally letting it happen is way better than the petocin!!!!! I hope baby decides to come before you go through induction...it sucks
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009