church kicking someone out?

my church has kicked someone out. ill sum it up short shes a drug addict whos trying to pull herself together. shesmy uncles ex they are in a messy child custody battle, my aunts the pastor, she was told hes a more loyal member she has to go. she has been clean for 2 yrs almost but maybe 6 months ago messed up and went out for a week bounced back got baptized last month at our church and now is told to leave... what a mess if its confusing im sorry. what do you guys think about this. me im looking for a new church family or not i want a church on fire for God and i feel jesus would never turn anyone away.

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 9:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sad to say it happens. I've been kicked out of churches myself. Well let me clarify... I was asked not to come back if I had my children with me. But I figure if they are not welcome then neither am I. Never set foot in one since and don't plan to except out of respect if a friend gets married. We have since found a different path and I've never felt more spiritual than I do now. But I do not think that if god even exists he would turn out anyone especially someone who's trying to pull their life together. at any rate I'd be looking for a different chhurch if that's important to you. Obviously my kids were more important to me.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• yea well jehovah witnesses do that all the time. my mom is one and im shunned from their church and i cant speak to anyone of that religion. its so effed up i hate that religion i mean some aspects of it are ok but not talking to people because they didnt "obey" the rules is outragious. i had SEX i didn't do drugs or kill someone
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I don't mind when a church does an excommunication process that means they can't take the lords supper until they get the big sins cleaned up.

But not to the point where they don't let them come to church at all...especially when it seems that she is working on getting her life back in order.

Though there is one exception to that rule - my bishop has a small list of people given to him by the police force of child sexual predators that are at large. He said he's been directed by his leaders to escort them out if they ever came to a service.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• That doesn't sound very Christian. I would not remain at a cruel church.
    Anonymous

• Um, wow. I have conflicting emotions in this. I usually don't agree with churches kicking anyone out. However this could have happened in this situation to avoid any division among the congregation who might focus more on the situation rather than God's word. So on the one hand I can see it being done to avoid drama and strife within the church itself. On the other hand it is clear your Aunt is taking sides in the custody case. It is a confusing situation indeed!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i don't know what to tell ya. i've seen members asked to leave for various reasons, usually due to aggression and argumentative behavior towards fellow members.
    i'm kinda confused..this person is your uncles ex, and your uncle is married to the pastor? or are they two different marriages?? if she's causing dissension, due to being the pastor's husband's ex..i could understand. idk, though. seems like a family squabble..small church, i assume? and you're right, JC wouldn't turn anyone away..however, you might not have the whole story. sometimes, a church/pastor has to do what is best for the entire church..you know, one bad apple...it sounds harsh, and no one can tell you what to do about your attendence. you can pray for wisdom, seek truth, teaching, and passion for God in finding your new church home. wish i could tell you they are wrong..if the church is bearing good fruit, then stay. if not, you may need to go elsewhere
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• thehairnazi, I think the pastor is her Uncle's Sister.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• that doesn't jive with what Jesus taught. I am sorry for your friend and hope you and she both find better churches. .Any church that can turn away a recovering addict is not a good one in my book
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• wow kristie! great minds!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• yes they are brother and sister lol sorry and yes its a curch of a hundred or so...
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 9:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2009