Other reasons for missed period other than pregnancy?

So I haven't had a period for almost 2 months, and I'm usually every 35 days like clockwork. I had my tubes tied 6 years ago, and I took 2 pregnancy tests last week ( one in the evening and one first thing in the morning, both negative).No major weight gain or loss lately, no increased stress, and I'm 34 years old. I have an appointment with my OB/GYN in 2 weeks, but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and what other reason could there be for missing a period? I don't feel pregnant ( no nausea, extreme fatigue) but I don't feel like I"m getting ready to start my period either!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Health

• stress .. even if you don't think you are stressed, there still may be something bothering you that you haven't really noticed yet. and just the stress of wondering why you haven't had your period can trigger missing your period.
    also, every couple years, women's cycle's are known to change. that may be what's going on.
    talk to your doctor and see what they think is going on. They may do an ultrasound anyway just to make sure the home pregnancy tests were accurate.
    Good Luck
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• About every six months I have a very loooong cycle which lasts about 80 days because I have PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome). To any other person it may seem like a skipped period but since I practice NFP I know I never ovulated so it's one long cycle. If your doctor determines you aren't pregnant, he or she might want to check your hormones to verify you don't have PCOS and probably give you a dose of progesterone to kick-start your cycle because more than 90 days without menstration can be worrisome.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Stress, change in diet, exercise, medication, a medical condition. Call your primary doc and see if you can get in there sooner, they can do the same thing as an OB/GYN.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2009