I saw this response in another Question and I was curious as to what the conservative mommies think about it?

"You know I really understand the concerns of the conservatives in this country but, no one is going to take you seriously by what is going on in the town hall meetings and the protests where there are pictures of Obama looking like Hitler...It just makes us think "wow those people are kinda crazy" and it makes us pissed and we end up fighting about it like little kids instead of DISCUSSING the issues and trying to form a compromise."

I think this anon made a good point what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• what about when bush was president and how liberals treated him?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I think that is a GREAT point.
    Anonymous

• My first instinct is to agree.

...but then I look at the rasmussen polls and others on the matter and see that about 62% of Americans are sympathizing with the protesters...and a democrat controlled congress and white house are getting nervous about passing a bill they easily have the numbers to pass.

...and I think, DANG it's working!

I wish a quieter more civil way did work, but I'm not sure it would.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• OP here- they way the liberals treated bush wasn't right either it made us look like kids but thats my point why can't we act like adults?
    Anonymous

• I think we still need to go to meetings and be careful about our behavior. I also believe some of the crazies on both sides are plants.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It makes me think "wow" when I think some of yo liberals don't understand that the media always covers the craziest of the lot. And Those show THOSE people over and over.....hello...ratings. As for how can we think it will do any good......the president is back peddling pretty fast on the public option and the support for his kind of reform has dropped by double digits in the polls.......Sooooo. Also, I HEAR the other side saying we need to "discuss" this...but all they keep DOING is trying to tell me I am ignorant and too stupid to understand that THEIR way is the RIGHT way. That REALLY doesn't help....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• The media barely notices calm, quiet protests. They will report the one or two crazies on all channels.  From what I can see, the administration ignored the calm, quiet tea party protests.  It wasn't until people got loud that they started listening. 

Guess the Obama administration and the media have a lot in common.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• When the Democrats quit protesting our soldiers when they come home. When they stop telling widows of soldiers their husbands are murderers. When that stops maybe you Dems can complain. I just got back from picking my nephew up he got off the plane from Iraq he is taking a shower to wash the urine that was tossed on him. Guarantee you never hear about it on the news and there will be no outrage about this. It was not the Phelps family it was plain ole Anti War Democrats who hate our troops and country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• anon tell your nephew im sorry and there are still alot of us who do appreciate what he has done/is doing...thank him for those of us please.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

Did people show up with guns to his speeches?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009