Figured out all the ignorance

I now understand why so many people don't understand what's going on in politics. They don't understand what they read. There's a post in this section talking about something that happened in India. I think out of 50 posts where people are going off on a tangent about religious freedoms and tolerance, only 2 of them people realize it's not American that's being talked about and different countries are different.

People kill me sometimes, they really do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I was among the 2% who saw that it wasn't a story about a woman in America! :o) Too many people are all about "knee jerk reactions" and do not "digest" what they read!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No, I did read it through. And it doesn't change my answer. In India they still have civil rights and (in theory) have rights to practice a religion of your choice. The purpose of banning a student from wearing a head scarf is to perpetuate intolerance and slowly conform Muslum students into not following their faith as closely. It is sad and it is also wrong. It doesn't change the fact that it is still not okay even if it is another country.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• "The purpose of banning a student from wearing a head scarf is to perpetuate intolerance and slowly conform Muslum students into not following their faith as closely".

Wow! paranoid much? I don't think that's it at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Is that what it is when Christians arent allowed to pray in school? and yet muslims get a special room to do so in some schools?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes I am talking about here in the USA on that last response.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I venture to guess that Christians pray all the time in school. However, Christian prayer is different than Muslim prayer. Christians can do it in their minds. They don't have a strict ritual that has to be followed. Also, Christians aren't required to pray at a certain time a day to save their souls. Muslims are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No excuse anon and no they arent go read on cnn about the school staff who was arrested in Florida for praying after hours even.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Was it a prayer group or were they doing it out loud? They don't HAVE to do that to keep their souls pure. In fact, the Bible says to pray in secret. Christians do not have to go through any rituals or time schedules to pray. Are you telling me you never silently pray?

Matthew 6:6
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2009