Did you have horibble pain while in labor?

From a scale 1-10 what was yours, I have been in early labor now for 7 days, but My contractions aren't anything that I can't tolerate, I have pain but always had a high tolerance for pain and never complain much!

Mine is like a 4

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 9:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i was induced, i would say it was a 9 until i got an epidural then it was like a 1 lol
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• When I went into labor. They weren't horrible in the beginning, but by the time I was at the hospital and they gave me petocin, I was definitely looking for my epidural. I was in extreme pain and was about in tears. I could be in the middle of talking and just stop b/c everything was contracting sooooo bad, I wanted to scream. When I first went into labor, I was sleeping and it woke me from a dead sleep, but it was tolerable.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• The contractions were just on a 2 to 3, when I was fully dialated I would say it was a 6 or 7...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 9:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• when i was in labor my pain nevr went higer than a7.....it was justuncomfotable nothing i couldnt handle by myself....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Well my first was a 20!!! Seriously! I got an epidural with my 2nd that didn't work well and the pain was an 8 or 9. With my 3rd I had a GOOD epidural and the pain was a 3 maybe. (I saw the title of your question and LOL! My husband asked what was so funny! He said, "oh, no pain. It was a wonderful experience. Roses!" He was the one who said if I did not get an epidural the 2nd time he was going to take it!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I had a few contractions that were real kickers, but I can think of many worse kinds of pain. Gastrointestinal problems. Kidney Stones. Having your leg cut off. Hell, I got an earache after I got home from the hospital and that was more disturbing to me than my labor and delivery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i'll say 8. i never was tempted to do something drastic like get an epidural for the pain but it definitely hurt!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My first was not bad at all! It felt worse when I broke my arm in fifth grade!! I would rate it a 6. My second, on the other had was HORRIBLE! He was facing up and I had back pain that was just unbearable. My husband and doctor were shocked at how I was....I would for sure rate it well over 10.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I had no contractions, no pain at all until the night I went into actual labor. It was very bearable for the first few hours (1-6 scale and I have ZERO pain tolerance) and then about 30 mins after getting to the hospital I couldn't take it anymore and they gave me the epi right then. After that I didn't feel a thing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• 2 births-- the first one I was really scared: 10.
    The second one I was confident: 3.

Mind over matter!! ;-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2009