What brand of bottles do you use? And why?

I was wondering which one/ brand is most like the breast? I am going to be a nursing mother, but need bottles for when I start back to work, and for My husband to use! I am going to be using the Playtex bottles that need the liners put into them. I heard great things/ BPA free, also gas flow it helps! Them not get colic!

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 10:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We use Dr. Browns. They seemed to work even better than the playtex w liners when I stopped BF, helped with the air flow preventing gas much better in my opinion
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i loved the playtex ones with liners. so easy and convenient. now that DS is older i just use the parents choice...but he's almost 9 months now.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i used the playtex drop ins but that got expensive so i bought some evenflo purely comfi bottles they are bpa free, i tried avent and they leaked everywhere
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I love playtex... specially with two girls!!! is ease, clean and very convenient!!!
    Avy1930

Answer by Avy1930 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I had issues breastfeeding and bottlefeeding until I switched to Playtex Drop Ins with the Natural Latch Nipple...then all of the sudden, all of my issues cleared up. I've never tried Dr. Browns, but the Playtex Drop Ins work really well. As for the expense...get the generic liners (all the major grocery stores have a generic version that is much cheaper and fit the bottles just fine). Also, I found that both my baby and the girl I used to babysit for prefer the tan colored nipples (like the kind that come with the ORIGINAL bottles) over the clear colored ones. ***Also, the lid of the ORIGINAL bottles fits into the bottom of the bottle where the lid for the Premium Nurser don't...much more convenient.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• born free b/c it was bpa free. and i got them at the baby shower.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'm a Nuk user. Never had a problem. And when I did breast feed. I stored milk in the Lansinoh nursing baggies in the fridge. Then I'd pour the milk into the bottle. I babysit a baby that uses the soothie bottle and nipple. I would not recomend it at all. It seems like he has a hard time latching on to the bottle because the nipple is just out there. It is not round around the nipple like Nuk. He is a very gassy baby and feeding is hard with that nipple.
    AllieMaesMom

Answer by AllieMaesMom at 11:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Dr. Browns here!! I breastfeed (pump while at work) and my dd loves them! Way less gas and easy to clean!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I use playtex nursers and love them!
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 2:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2009