Okay, so this may be a TMI' question, how long should you wait after labor to have sex?

I've had stitches also, I don't know if that makes a difference or not...?

ArmyMommy89

Asked by ArmyMommy89 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• As soon as you feel like having sex.... If you feel good again, no pain, go for it!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 10:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I agree with crazy pink, when u feel good enough and No pain, but docs say 6-8 weeks so u can actually fully heal, but it sure is a long time to wait especially if your like me, I love sex with My hubby and wont lie! LOl
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 10:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i had stiches and we had sex at 3 1/2 weeks i stopped bleeding, if it doesn't hurtand you stopped bleeding go 4 it lol
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Thanks for the advice yall! :)
    ArmyMommy89

Answer by ArmyMommy89 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• when ever your ready. but keep in mind until you have a full and normal cycle, you are very fertile and can get pregnant very easily.                ttc                                    

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 10:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I had stopped bleeding for a full week before I tried having sex with my husband and I felt good enough to have sex and still got a severe infection. That was at 4 weeks after delivery. From now on, I will be waiting the full 6-8 weeks after and will be getting cleared by my doc before I do it. I will admit, I love sex with my man and it was hard to wait for even that long. Obviously, not all people are like me but I always suggest waiting that full amount of time for the best results. Ughh just remembering the cramping and everything that went along with it gives me the creeps. I won't say what happened here but if you want to know so you can make the best decision, feel free to PM me.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 10:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'm one who wants to make sure I'm healed completely so I waited until after my six weeks check up. We did do some messing around but not penetration.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I waited 2 wks b/c I had a c-section and while he was sleeping...he's not good at saying no when he's sleepy
    Ronique1989

Answer by Ronique1989 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i would have to say wait i messed up and done it way to soon w3ith both of mine and now 12 year's later i have a hard time even having sex the pain is so bad and the dr said the main reason is i never gave my body time to heal you know having a baby does alot more to your body than you think and back in the ole day's women would be on total bed rest for weeks and now we just resume our normal lives within day's after having a child
    acremom33

Answer by acremom33 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I had stitches and I had sex about 2-3 weeks in - but only because my husband was on R&R from Iraq and... well, you know. He was leaving. Otherwise I probably would have waited. But just whenever you feel comfortable.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2009