Wondering if anybody knows

I f you have a warrant out on you do the police actively look for you or wait to pull you over or get you on something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• just depends on what kind of warrant. i think a bench warrant, like unpaid tickets, those types of violations, they'll just wait till your name comes up...so i think its how serious the offense is.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It depends on how serious the charge is. My brother has a warrant for arrest for a small misedemeanor charge and has been pulled over and/or ID'ed by police a few times and never arrested. They just want him to pay the fine because the charge is minor it's not really worth it to arrest him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I had a warrant for unpaid tickets. Every so often they have a "Warrant Roundup" where they make a big deal of it (like it's hunting season or something), they even give a two week warning/notice on the local news stations and radio stations. You have to go to court to take care of it, or the authorities will go to your home or place of employment to arrest you. I went to the courthouse, paid the fine and went home. Others were arrested on the spot - not sure what for though.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 10:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It depends on how serious the charges against you are. My sister had two out on her, 1 was a bench warrant and the other was for, I think it was a theft charge. Needed some money to score a fix. Anyway, b/c of the second one the cops came knocking at my door looking for her. At 3 in the morning, they were lucky I was up. But, I learned never to trust cops b/c they always took family away, so I lied and told them I hadn't seen her. But, she came back from AL on her own and turned herself in.
    ravensgirl83

Answer by ravensgirl83 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2009