What do I need to do (or what do I need to buy) to safely fit 3 car seats in my backseat?

I cant afford a van or SUV right now and just have a small compact car that I can barely fit between my kids car seats right now. We are TTC and I was wondering if anyone could help me with figuring out how to fit a 3 car seat in my back seat. BTW I have a Hyundai Sonata with 2 convertable car seats in it already.

mommyin07n08

Asked by mommyin07n08 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Travel

• Wait to have that kid til u can afford a minivan or suv.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I shouldnt have to wait to have another kid just because of my car. I would rather use 2 cars to go everywhere than wait forever to get a new car. Especially when my dr told me that I can have more kids all I want but she would prefer if I have my next 2 within the next 4 years. Yes I want 4 kids, no telling me I should be happy with 2 is not going to change my mind nor should it. I was hoping people could give me names of infant seats or convertable seats and stuff to fit them in my current car
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I found that I have to get different kinds of carseats to fit. What I mean is possible different brands that are made slightly different, while still fullfilling your needs for your children. You may also have to take them and try them out to see if it will work. That is what I had to do...I have a Graco, Evenflo, and a Cosco Brand. They all fit in snug, but they work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I have 2 of the $50 cosco brands from wal mart. They fit but I dont know if I can fit my car seat from my son between them. It was a Graco. I got rid of it anyway when it expired but the car seat I like is a Graco again but I almost wonder if the base is to wide. I know my hips have gotten bigger from having kids but I can sit comfotably between the car seats but I have to twist and turn to fit between the top sides of the 2 car seats where they are widest.
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I don't know, I can barely have anyone sit between my car seats, let alone try to fit another back there. I'd say, get one you like, try to fit it back there...also, if you go to your local fire dept, they will help you in making sure that ALL car seats are properly installed and that the straps are where they need to be.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 10:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Go to a store like babiesrus and try out different seats until you find one that will work
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My recommendation is to go to the store and ask if you can take a chair out to your car and see what will fit with what you already have. They may not like that idea, so it might be best to put the seats in different spots and measure how much space you have left, then measure the seats in the store to see what might work best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I recommended the Radian 65, Radian 80, or Radian XT. They are supper narrow and very SOLID!! The R 65 holds rear facing up to 35lbs and 65lbs forward facing in a 5pt harness. The R 80 holds rear facing up to 35 lbs and 80 forward facing in a 5pt harness. And the XT is my favorite, it holds up to 40lbs rear facing and 80lbs forward facing in a 5pt harness. The longer they can stay rear facing the BETTER!! Rear facing to the MAXIMUM weight limit is the safest!! My 2 and 4 year olds still ride rear facing because they haven't reached the 40lb weight limit yet. The link for these seats is :
    http://www.skjp.com/products/97556/Car_Seats

You can fit them 3 across in just about anything here is a pic of them 3 across:
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/3%20radian%20car%20seats%20across/jsisler69/AO%20AOE%20pics/IMG_0032-1.jpg

If you have any more questions regarding car seats please let me know. Thank you
    Haynes_mommy

Answer by Haynes_mommy at 4:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2009