Does anyone else hate babysitting?

I have one kid and while I obviously don't mind caring for my own son I really don't like to babysit other people's kids. I don't like the burden of having to watch after another kid and it's really annoying when people think that just because you have a kid means you're an automatic babysitter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i don't much care for it, b/c the kids seem to fight a lot after a few hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I hate when the kids im babysitting are brats and dont listen and like to cause problems. I Baby sat a kid with ADD whose mother thought it would go away on its own. He was a terror. He would hit me call me names he caught my Carpet on fire. OMG i wanted to kill him. and if I had the chance I may have!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I agree with you! I was thinking of becoming a stay at home babysitter/day care provider and I said I don't think I'd like to watch anyone else's kids!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If they think that then maybe you can offer to set up a play day at your home and one at their home... sometimes others will "use" you to get free childcare, but if you can arrange a trade of time you will gain free time for yourself.... turn anything bad into a good for you... just offer a twist ... otherwise keep your schedule and it childcare doesn't fit, tell them it doesn't fit... good luck
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 10:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I don't like it either. I watch my friends little boy one night a week. he's 3 and I have a 2 year old. He's not bad, but my son is much more active and wants to play, and it makes him mad when the 2 year old doesn't want to. Out of frustration, he pinches and bites. Which is exactly what the 3yr old did to him when they were 2 and 1. Not making it ok, just saying its common in 2yr olds. Anyway, I spend more time yelling at my LO when I'm babysitting and I get so frustrated. I really dread those nights!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It depends. I don't mind if the kid is my son's age because my son loves having someone over to play, (he's 2) but I don't like babysitting older kids that act like they are "too mature" to play with a 2 year old, or are just constantly up your butt cause they think they are grown (like many 10 or 11 year old girls I know!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I don't think I would mind babysitting, even though I know they would end up fighting or arguing with my kid. I could send them all to seperate rooms. I just want to be able to make money and stay home with my kids....without a computer job!!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Never watched another kid and I refuse to watch another kid. We have a co-op at the gym, where they will watch my child while I workout but in return I have to watch the kids. I would rather pay 4/hr for the Child care place to watch my child while I workout just so I wouldn't have to watch others' children.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 10:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Are you babysitting for free? It gets a whole lot more fun when you get paid I can tell you that much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I always enjoyed watching other people's kids which wasn't that often. I enjoy children.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009