Do you fear not being able to afford health care in a few years?

U.S. consumers' confidence in access to health care and their future well-being declined last month, as debate over President Obama's proposed overhaul of the health system intensified, a new telephone survey found.

The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's monthly health care consumer confidence index found the largest drop in confidence to be among individuals age 65 and older, who registered a 10.4 point decline in their confidence level during the month.

Individuals in the age group 50-64 had the lowest confidence level overall. Last month the confidence level for the cohort fell 4.4 points from 95.1 points in June to 90.7 in July.

The overall score in July was 97.2, down from the June confidence level of 102.3. The measurement is based on a scale of 0 to 200 and was culled from telephone interviews with 500 respondents.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/politics3192351

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am afraid that their will not be enough docs If this bill passes, yes. I also feel there may be shortage without.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• lovin, if you look at cost and how much they have risen over th elast 10 years, the trend is not slowing, it is gaining momentum. We are paying more for less....

Do you fear that eventually you wont be able to keep coverage?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No,I'm not. Yet. Both sides want reform, the passions of the people are aroused, reform will happen. I hate the present bill, but I'm hoping we get passed it and get something really good.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• *past, not passed
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Uh, if this reform bill passes, yeah. And my taxes will go up too keep paying even more for it.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I already can't afford health care for my family. We pay over $700 a month for my entire family to be insured and I personally have a $5000 deductible. What I fear more than health insurance prices going up is fear mongering and the spreading of lies...but hey, that seems to be the American way.

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 11:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Do you fear not being able to afford health care in a few years?

No, I am really not worried about my family. We have saved from the time my hubby was an Airman 1st classm making crappy money and I was working 2 jobs and going to school  We saved.  We have a nice emergency fund.  There were times we could only put $5.00/ week in. Over the years, it has accumulated. Plus, we have disability insurance, and a variety of other policies.  It is NOT anyone's responsibility to take care of us other than US. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I fear I won't be able to feed, clothe and shelter my kids in a few years if the healthcare bill passes. I will be mandated to pay for healthcare insurance in case they get sick, but not for food to feed them. Quite a quandry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Oh, and I will be mandated to pay for other kids health insurance too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Instead of letting the government take control over OUR healthcare, they should be required to lower insurance costs and things like that....

I am all for nationwide care for CHILDREN and SENIORS...but i don't want to pay MORE in taxes (WHICH YOU ALL KNOW WE WILL) for some other adult that "can't afford" it.... I can't either!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2009