would you let your toddler WALK AROUND in walmart with NO SHOES or pants? Only a diaper and a tshirt?

I never go to walmart but we had a gift card and there was this little boy couldnt have been more then 2 WALKING with NO SHOES or PANTS .. only a diaper.. thsoe floors are so gross! just wondering if i am the only one who thinks this is nasty... Now my son has kicked his shoes off in the store and refused to wear them but then he goes in a cart.. and id never bring him in public with no pants...

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• um...HELL NO!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No! That's Nasty!!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I think it's gross too. I dont understand why people don't dress their children. I Know some kids hate clothes, my sister was one of those stripping kids, but she knew never to do it in public!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Ick no. I wouldn't bring my son out of the house without his pants on either.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• That is disgusting. That's really a big pet peeve of mine. Adults need shirt and shoes for service. No one should be out in public without clothing. Anyone who is actually walking (in the store) should be wearing shoes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No, I wouldnt b/c that is really gross. But I have seen several people lately doing this.

One was a boy about 3, walking around the mall food court with bare feet.

the only thing I could think was either his parents were too lazy to put them on him, or he pitched such a fit that his parents gave in to him....either way....bad parenting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Do you know the situation? Maybe the child had a really bad diarrhea accident and they didnt have extra pants or shoes. Maybe they were getting more for him then. No, this is not the case with every child. It is gross, the floors of walmart have been found to have salmonella and ecoli all over them. I would have put my child on my hip, carried him to get new pants and a pair of shoes, paid for it and put them on him and then completed my grocery shopping. Don't pass judgment on something you have no knowledge of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I was at the grocery store the other day and there was a girl in front of me in line with her 3 yr old daughter with only shorts on. No shoes, no shirt. It's trashy. And hell no, I would NOT let my kids go in public without shirt, pants or shorts, and shoes!!!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Anon i totally understand what youa re asying and i am not one who is quick to judge.. Normally i would have thought of that.. however i saw them walk into the store like this....
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• and saw them check out in frton of me in line... this was not the case
    JrsMommy07