What did you think or say when you held your baby for the first time?

Just wondering, I heard it's a automatic bond, that you fell in love at first sight. :)

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 10:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was in awe and shocked that his little eyes were open and looked right into mine
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i was complete
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I can't even remember the first couple of days.... so I don't know what I said to him. I loved him before I saw him so it wasn't really love at first sight.... but I love him more everyday. It's crazy how much you can love someone that much!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• All i could say was wow.I couldn't get over how fast she was born.And i thought she was beautiful.
    KzaM4Infinity

Answer by KzaM4Infinity at 10:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I held her and told her that even though she was covered in some kind of nasty shit that I still loved her anyways!!!!! My husband told me this hours later. I was in shock when I had er and don't remember about the first 20 mins after she was born....it is still kind of spotty memories
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• "Oh my God, you're real, and you're here! So THAT'S what you look like! Hi, beautiful boy!" There's a lot of love there. I didn't want to have to give him back, but they had to sew up my belly and such.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:57 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I didn't get to hold my daughter until she was 4 days old because she was in the NICU and hooked up to a bunch of tubes and wires so all I could think when I held her for the first time was "FINALLY!!!" Luckily they encourage parental contact in the NICU because from then, on the only time I put her down was to eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom, LOL.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 3:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2009