Has anyone moved to Florida from another state?

Single mom of 4 looking to move to florida soon. will need assistance from the state until i can get on my feet. ANY INFO?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Travel

• Moved from FL to CT...what part of FL are you looking to move to? I was on the west coast.

Answer by 1funkymomma at 12:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I personally have not moved to Florida from another state but my Bestfriend just made that move in the Fall. She moved from Washington DC to Florida. She's still there now...

Answer by Fruitydreddles at 1:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I moved from Maryland to Florida in 2004.

Answer by shoegal at 2:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• You should be able to find info on
    I think that site will tell you about medicaid, foodstamps, etc.

Answer by CookieMom108 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• here's the direct link to the website to apply for assistance, you can do all of this online if you wanted and just fax/mail your info. anymore questions please feel free to e-mail me I'm born and raised in florida.

Answer by workenmom at 10:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I moved to Florida from Michigan. Assistance is very low if Florida compared to many other states. There are also specific requirements by county as to what you have to be doing, like either being enrolled in school or doing community service, if not working. It also is dependent on how much help you have received in another state, and there's often a waiting period. We have a lot of homeless in this area because people who came here thought things were the same, state to state, but they aren't. There's very little public transportation, and doctor's who accept you are few and far between. Child care is very expensive, and very little is subsidized. It's not easy here. Unless you have family here who are prepared to help you with these things, it's going to be very difficult. Don't mean to be harsh, just realistic.

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2008