Were you depressed when you gained weight during pregnancy?

Did you feel like a huge fat pig? Lol I am starting to feel that way. But I want to loose weight!

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 10:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i did with my first, my hubby kept saying you aren't fat you're preg and i was like um ya right! just eat healthy don't use preg as an excuse to eat alot and if you were small before you're pregnancy you'll probably lose most of it before you even leave the hospital. with my second i didn't feel as strongly about the whole fat thing, i was still a little sad to see a scale, but remember gaining weight = healthy baby. you'd be just as worried if you weren't gaining any.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes, I feel the same way. It is hard to just accept it because you are pregnant, especially when you see beautiful thin pregnant ladies at the store. I always wonder how do they just gain it all in their bellies? Also, I hate when people say, "You are pregnant, you are supposed to gain weight, or Enjoy it now while you have an excuse." How are you supposed to enjoy being overweight? The only thing that gets me through it is thinking about how I'm going to do everything I can after the baby to get it all off fast. Also, I think maybe I'm just more womanly than those who are still skinny when they are pregnant! :)
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2009