Do you agree with this statement.- If he will cheat with you, he may cheat ON you!

I have a friend who is head over heels for this guy. But he is engaged... and sleeping with my friend. How do I tell her it isnt a good idea, but in a way she wont hate me for??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• just that MOST (you can stress not all but most) men that you get into a relationship with in that scenario will not be faithful. tell her you're worried about her and leave it at that.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I think I may be the exception to this rule....typically I say yes, I fully agree with this statement. BUT...and here's a big one...I actually cheated on my boyfriend with my now husband. The boyfriend and I were only going out for 3 weeks....my husband and I will be celebrating 6 years next month!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 10:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'm not a believer in the whole once a cheater always a cheater thing. People grow up and change.
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If a guy cheats, he will most likely cheat again. Same with women. But it's not 100% which is why i said most likely. You might just have to point it out to her with something like "You know they say once a cheater always a cheater" or something like that and ask her how she could know he wouldnt cheat on her. She might give the "Because he loves me" line. Just point out, he told his wife that too.

MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Wow, he's not even married yet and he's cheating?? That's when he's supposed to be madly in love. What's his excuse? Usually it's "my wife doesn't understand me", or "we haven't slept together in years it's a marriage only on paper"....those excuses don't work when you're not even married yet. How does he justify being engaged and cheating?

If she is dumb enough not to see this, I'm not sure you can do anything.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I had a friend in a smiliar situation. I told her she was stupid (in a nice way) and then after that let her make her own decisions. She is an adult and I am not going to be her parent. She got her in the end and though I didn't sit and tell her "I told you so" I honestly didn't feel all that bad for her. Sometimes all you can give people is advice, the rest is up to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• AGREED!!!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No I don't agree with the statement. There is no need to tell her anything. She already knows it is a bad idea. It is her choice to do this. Hopefully he'll grow up and put a stop to it when he says his vows.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It sounds like your being a good friend and don't want to see your friend get hurt. I would be honest with your friend, but don't come across as being judgmental.
    momsc

Answer by momsc at 11:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No way. I totally disagree with that statement. Once a cheat always a cheat is so played out. The flesh is weak but when you continue to be with someone else physically, emotionally, you know you are not in love with your partner.You fell out and need to address it accordingly. But she is a consenting adult and it could be a fling or the excitement of something that is taken......Let her learn on her own. I would just butt out and mind my own business.Unless she asked me of course.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 19, 2009