How do you put tap ties in tap shoe?

I got my dd a pair of tan tap shoes, but they tie so I took ties out and bought tap ties to put in their place. I asked the lady at the front desk of her dance school how to put them in her tap shoe. She didn't really know how either. We ended up putting the elastic through one hole and into the other then wrapping or placing the rest of the elastic over the hard piece on the tap tie. I just looked bundled and bunched together. Is this they way it's supposed to work? Thanks ahead of time for any help given! It's much appreciated!

myfirstloves

Asked by myfirstloves at 10:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Are you talking about the tap ties that look like hair elastics with buttons? If so, you just slip the elastic through the eyelets and then put the end of the elastic over the button. My daughter had a pair that had elastic that was slightly too long to stay snug, so I looped the elastic around the button twice. I've also seen moms slip the elastic through the eyelets two times before buttoning it.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 11:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes, that's the kind I have. Do I only use one in each shoe or two? I was using two today for her class. There are two holes.
    myfirstloves

Answer by myfirstloves at 12:04 AM on Aug. 19, 2009