How much time do you women spend judging other parents you see in public?

I swear, every time I come to the answers section, there are a bunch of questions asking about something that has to do with someone else's kid. Do you really have that much time on your hands? When I'm in public, I'm minding my business and my children's business. I don't give a frick about the toddler only wearing a diaper or the preschooler with a binky in his mouth. Who cares?

I'm not trying to start anything, but damn!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I know! I've seen stuff on here like "How do you feel when you see interracial couples?" "Can't you just tell when a couple is going to break up by looking at them?" "I saw someone feeding their kid a bottle today and I KNEW it wasn't breastmilk" How the fuck? I seriously don't even look at other people when I'm out half the time. I'm just trying to get the shit I need and go home!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I people watch. It's a habit. I notice things going on in my environment. It's good to be aware.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i notice things and if its extreme ya it sticks w/me. but i don't run around thinking i'm better than them. b/c there have been days i went to a store barely out of pjs (if at all) w/my kids still in jammies b/c there wasn't milk for breakfast, or whatever. so theres always a reason behind something and i try to remember that before i judge on some things. others really do piss me off (like a 6 yr old talking around a paci, sorry it grates me like crazy) but i still wouldn't say anything to anyone other than a friend later on.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I hear ya!! My husband is notorious for pointing out children having tantrums in the grocery store. I'm like who gives a f*ck! Let's just hurry up with our shopping before OUR daughter has a tantrum!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Because if their doing something stupid that will eventually effect me.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I went shopping today and I didn't notice anyone, except the one guy and his 2 boys. The only reason I noticed him was because they were all wearing tye dyed shirts. I'm too busy shopping and trying to keep my daughter happy to notice how anyone else is parenting their child. I say hello to many people, because my daughter is always smiling and waving at everyone, so everyone talks to me. I mind my own cart and my own child and expect everyone else to mind theirs.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would also say I notice things if it's extreme, like a little kid with a filthy bottle full of something that looks like koolaid and a mom screaming her head off threatening to beat the kid the whole time. (actually that was from when I was a kid myself, it just stuck with me)
    Personally I'm more worried about what people think of me, and it's probably because of this site that I'm so paranoid.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I don't pay attention to others until I'm in the parking lot. Then I am very aware of my surroundings, You will not catch me off gaurd in a parking lot, lol, but yeah I agree people need to get a life and start being more open minded!!!! there are reasons for every situation and why do you care anyway????....just mind your own....you know there's nothing you can really do and it's not like you will ever see the person again anyway. If you give a dam then volunteer at a crisis nursery or shelter.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:06 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• hardly ever I rarely notice other people and their kids unless it is a BIG thing like a child flipping out or a parent screaming at thier child.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2009