does this work?

i heard that it can be easier to get pregnant if you start takin prenatals before your actually pregnant... and also i heard that you need to wait till like 14days after you start your period to have sex like everyother day.... so does that mean that you can't get pregnant like the day before you start i just need help sorry for goin on and on but i have noone else to ask...you ladies are about it... be nice and help me
thanks

NOWLIN8408

Asked by NOWLIN8408 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you google ovulation calculators. it will tell you your most fertile days, when you cycle should start. when you can test. your most fertile days are about 12-14 days after the first day of your period. Good Luck.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Well Im not an expert on getting pregnant but I just had sex every other day no matter what. And laid on my back and walked up the wall lol. We were prego in less than a week
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I've never heard of the prenatal vitamins one... I know they suggest it, so your body will have all the nutrients, vitamins, etc to support the baby in the early stages and so forth.
    As for the 14 days after period - that's generally when you start ovulating - you could get one of those ovulation/fertility monitors as well, to aide you in your TTC.
    The sex every other day is so the semen can "regenerate" has a chance to...recoop, I guess you could say. :] You don't generally have to follow those suggestions - women have gotten pregnant when they weren't fertile, right after their period, etc, etc. Just your best bet while TTC.

Good luck and baby dust to you.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• so have you guys heard anything about the prenatals and havin that increase your chances so to say
    NOWLIN8408

Answer by NOWLIN8408 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009