Ear infection without any fever?

My almost 11 month old son was tugging at his right ear today and Im worried he may be getting an ear infection. He has not had a fever but has had alot of soft poopy diapers, like he could be sick, is it normal to not have any other symptoms but have an ear infection or could he be teething. he has 7 teeth, and one just popped through the other day, could this be the culprit too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he might be feeling the pressure in his ear from the teeth. If they arte closer to the back than that might be your answer but i would call the doc in the am just to be on the safe side
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You dont have to have a fever to have an ear infection. Tugging at the ear is usually a sign of discomfort....or he just likes tugging it. My daughter tugs her ears all the time and never has an ear infection.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Watch his behavior - is he really whiney, sleepy or acting different? Those might be signs! My son has had lots of ear infections (tubes, here we come), but tugs at his ears when he is tired! It may be the teeth. Good luck!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:15 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My son gets chronic ear infections. He is 14months and this is his 8th double ear infection since birth and his 3rd double ear infection since June of this year. You can have an ear infection and no fever or diarrhea. He could have an ear infection with no other symptoms. I just took my son to the DR yesterday because the sitter said he was acting very sleepy and a little extra fussy but nothing very abnormal. But she said he was tugging his ears so I took him and found out that he has a raging double ear infection and the DR is giving him an antibiotic that is stronger than amoxicillin because the ammox. probably won't work.(if it continues he will get tubes in his ears)

I would take him to get his ears checked. It never hurts to have the DR look at him.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 10:14 AM on Aug. 19, 2009