online college VS campus???

I want to go back to school for business manegmant idk which 1 I should do... I love the freedom of online because I have 2 small children & my husband & im a stay @ home mom.... but I kind of miss the feel of a real class! ANY OPINIONS?

jaidah917

Asked by jaidah917 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm currently enrolled at the University of Phoenix with their Axia College online. It's sooo awesome and they make it very very easy for you.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'm going back to school in the fall & I plan on doing most of my classes on campus. I have 5 kids & am a SAHM but this year, my youngest is going to school. So, I will have time during the day. I know that if I did most of it online, I would get really distacted & start doing stuff around the house rather then doing school work. I do have a couple classes that I will be doing online & I honestly think it will be a challenge. For me, I need the structure of driving to campus & walking into a classroom.

One thing to consider: how are the online classes set up? Some are study at your own pace type & others, you have to attend online lectures. You can still attend in your pajamas, but you have to be on the computer with no distractions at a certain time. Will your family be able to handle that? Good luck whatever you do!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Look up SNLDePaul University (assuming your older than 24), its an accerlated bachelors program, that Im completeing this year. I know you do not have to live in Chicago to participate in the distance ed portion
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I actually prefer to be in class because I like the discussion element. However, I will be starting my MA online this October. This was the best choice for me because there isn't a college close by with my program. Plus, now I can work part time too. I'm able to leave my daughter at daycare while I work on homework, take tests, etc. so that won't be an issue.

Maybe you can find a program where someone is online and some is in class?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'm in college and love being on campus. I've thought about taking my gen. ed. classes online and just take my major classes on campus so I can get it done faster, but I'd never do all online classes. It takes the fun out of college.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I like both, actually. It all depends on your learning style, self-discipline, and schedule.
    Back in the late 90's I attended a brick & mortar college (in class) because I had access to free child care and I loved being around other people and my degree demanded that I perform clinicals which required me to be in the presence of my professors. I just didn't like the drive and the hours.
    Now I am back in college but doing it online at CTU and it works well for me because I have self-discipline to manage my time, I'm raising my infant granddaughter and teen daughters, and I have an old clunker that won't get me far. Online is the best for me now.
    You have to weigh the pros vs. the cons and decide what is best for you.
    I wish you all the best!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2009