Crumbly poo

My son usually goes #2 twice a day. The first time is usually very dry and crumbly. I'm assuming it's something he's eating but does anyone else's kid go like this? And what could it be? The only thing he for sure has everyday is milk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He most likely is pooping early in the morning first and what I am thinking is that he hasn't had enough liquids yet. Maybe he needs to drink more water during the day?
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 1:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Could be a combination of the milk & eating very small meals/snacks. But it isn't really a problem. I know I was the same way as far as "Why does this poop look one way & the next time may be different?". LOL! Just be glad that he's "regular".
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Every bowel movement is different...blueberries do strange things to poo... However, my daughters poo was grainy (like sand) for awhile and it ended up being dog kibble that was doing it. I know...walked in on her one day sneaking some dog food...once I became conscious of putting it out of her reach...the graininess went away. =) Gotta love kids.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• my son is going to be 2 on october 6. his have almost always been crumbly. like feta cheese. it does not smell strong at all. don't know why just the way his poop is. he drinks milk bottles at n ap and bedtime and sometimes in morning after he wakes up, then mostly drinks water and eats small snacks throughout day. he also goes about 3 - 4 times a day. i dont' worry as long as it keeps coming.
    hsprinkel

Answer by hsprinkel at 6:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2009