GET A DEGREE FROM AN ONLINE COLLEGE WHILE GETTING YOUR GED! IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Would any of you know any online colleges that would allow you to earn your GED while getting a degree???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Why wouldn't you get a GED first and then go get a degree. That makes tons more sense.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• what if i wanna do both of them @ the same time? you can go 2 a campus & earn your ged & get a degree so y shouldnt any 1 be able to do the same online?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I know that our community college here in town will let you take a full semester of classes before you have your GED, so yeah I'm sure other schools do that. Of course you can't graduate, but I'm sure a lot of places will let you start a few courses. Of course our community college does it because our state has a waiting period of 3 months before you can take your GED.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:21 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Because then you'll be over worked. Finish one thing at a time.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i have a HS diplom from online it turned out to be B.S & i really wanna return back to school i wanna do online coarses because it would be so much easier for me to handle work & kids & everything else around me rather than have a strict schedule with goin to a campus i know i wouldnt be able to make it to school every day! with online i could be in the bathroom or in the park @ work on lunch & still bein doin my class work or takin a test! im jut gonna go & tke the GE test & c how it goes wheni pass thats when i will sign up for school online THANX
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I thought colleges wouldn't accept you until you had earned your high school diploma or GED?
    I know that high school students can take certain college classes for certification only and transfer that credit towards a degree IF they attend a college in the future that accepts those credits OR those credits apply to the degree program.
    I say concentrate on your GED because I heard that test is very difficult.
    Then focus on your college degree.
    I wish you the best!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• When I worked as a college recruiter this is what our college admissions policy was.

You needed to provide either a GED or a HS Certificate in order to attend classes on line or in campus. I think that every college is different but it makes sense that they will have some prerequisites. The reason is that in your freshmen courses you need to have some basis, think of it like a house, if you have a foundation you can build up from there, if you don't have the foundation that house will crumble. Does it makes sense to you? I hope this helps.

Also, I wanted to commend you for thinking about going back to school, keep at it and have a solid plan, my suggestion is to get your GED first and then take it from there, build that foundation with solid knowledge, it will be easier.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2009