my son is 8 going on 9 an will not sleep in hes room alone what can i do

if i get up and go to my bed 10 min.and here he come.

jennyrae808

Asked by jennyrae808 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Send him back to his room.
    BoobooHealer

Answer by BoobooHealer at 2:02 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Ditto.

Answer by missanc at 9:18 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• here is what you can do........explain that if he wants to sleep in your room he has to sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag (put it next to your bed) then in 1 week move it (the sleeping bag) to the foot of your bed. Then in a week move it to the wall near the door , but still inside the room. Then 1 week later just outside the door but in the hall. in another week move it 1/2 down the hall or just outside his bedroom door. then to just inside his door then up on his bed. These small steps will help him get used to not sleeping in your room gradually. I would explain what you are doing and tell him that he is just too big to be sleeping in your room. Maybe give him a reward at the end of the process by letting him have a friend spend the night or something equally as cool....G/L

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I would talk to him and find out if it's because he has some kind of fear. If it turns out he does, then you will need to deal with that. Otherwise, you tell him that he is to stay in his room, and if he doesn't, then you discipline him for disobeying you. You don't want him being afraid, but even if he is, he has to learn how to deal with his fears in a proper way.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i have the same problem. but mine just turn 8. i also have a 7yr old thats has no problem sleeping alone.
    6lilprinces

Answer by 6lilprinces at 1:52 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I have that same problem. My dd will stay in her room, BUT , she wont go to sleep. So if I move her to my room , she goes to sleep. I cant just go to sleep knowing that shes awake in her room upset and unable to go to sleep when she has school the next morning.
    ginaloves3

Answer by ginaloves3 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2009