My refrigerator says it's the right temp but it's freezing everything?!? Help!

My recently-purchased (2006) Kenmore refrigerator says it's "38" degrees, the proper temp. I recently purged and it's about half-empty but it still is freezing milk, lettuce, everything I put in it. Any ideas? It has a freezer on top (also at the righ temp, everything frozen just fine), maybe I need to defrost?!?

Anyone else have this problem / ideas??

tigrefan98

Asked by tigrefan98 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Is it really hot there? Sometimes you have to defrost it and restart if its been working over time and not cooling down properly...best of luck. Can you go to or call Sears?
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It was hot earlier this summer (we're in Seattle, we broke records with temps in the 100s), but we do have AC. Sears can send someone on the 28th and obviously we can't do without food/fridge until then, especially with school starting, guests coming, etc.

Someone on Facebook recommended cleaning the coils so we may unplug and try that today...
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2009