What do you consider to be basic human rights?

I'm not talking rights afforded to you by the Constitution or being an American citizen, but basic rights that ALL people, no matter where they live, should have. I'm posting this in P&CE and R&B.

canadianmom1974

Asked by canadianmom1974 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• the right to live, have shelter,food, and freedom!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Life, Liberty and the PERSUIT of Happiness sums it up for me :-)

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Life, Liberty and the PURSUIT of Happiness doesn't cut it. I'm looking for real things, clean drinking water, healthcare, adequate food, shelter, freedom of religion. What if horsewhipping ramdom people on the street makes me happy? Should I get to do it? If it's a basic human right that I get to pursue my happiness why shouldn't I?

And freedom, freedom from what? Freedom from illness - then give me healthcare. Freedom from seeing ugly people? Come on people give me examples, give me real things.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• TOTAL Freedom, love, affordable living expenses
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• The right to live, love ,and the freedom of worship
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:19 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• We have the right to breathe fresh air, clean and healthy water, and food that we need.

We have the right to have a life that promises morals and right living, that is not the tearing down of health of others; or the decaying of our country; and we have the right as a whole to say what is acceptable and what is not. The majority should still have rule over the minority in certain matters.

We have the right to life, worshipping Our Creator... because God gave His life for that. Giving us that right.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 2:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Access to food, shelter, health care and the right to worship or not worship as you desire.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• The right to worship (not worship) as you please, access to affordable food, shelter and health care.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• basic human needs are food, shelter, air, and water
    dharmas_mommy

Answer by dharmas_mommy at 10:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• All those listed in the Declaration of Human rights, as it is the list of inalienable human rights afforded to all people, everywhere.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2009