Going through the change and need to know all the symptoms and how best to deal with them?

Heat flashes are what I am experiencing alot. Moodiness also. These are the two main issues for me so far. How long does the change last? I have an auto immune deficiency and was wondering if this would effect me differently during menopause, also? What vitamins would be most benificial right now and do I need o see my doctor?

nan16

Asked by nan16 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Health

• There is a whole slew of menopause related symptoms so I suggest you google it or buy some books.  My main problems are night sweats and fuzzy thinking/memory loss.  I have recently started taking Estrogen and it seems to be helping a little bit. 

I am also drinking soy milk.  Soy is very high in natural plant based estrogen's.  The Japanese who have a diet very rich in soy don't even have a word for menopause because Japanese women just don't experience the symptoms that western women do. 

I am also taking vitamin B12 and calcium and magnesium.  Calcium is very important now because the loss of estrogen will weaken your bones.  A calcium and magnesium combination is very good at bedtime because it helps you sleep.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I STARTED THE PROCESS AT 45, I AM NOW 60 AND OCCASIONALLY STILL GET THE HOT FLASHES. I SUGGEST OU GO TO THE DOCTOR AND FIND OUT FOR SURE IF YOUR HORMONES ARE OUT OF WACK, IF SO, I RECOMEND TAKING NATURAL HORMONE PILLS. I TOOK PREMARIN AND PROVERA FOR 5 EARS OR SO, I WENT BACK TO FEELING MYSELF FOR A WHILE BUT I WOLD STILL GET MY PERIOD, AND THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT MENOPAUSE IS IT GOES AWAY RIGHT? SO AFTER 5 YEARS I STOPPED ON MY OWN AND REPLACED THEM WITH NATURAL ONES FOR A WHILE, NOW I DON'T TAKE ANYTHING, BUT I EAT A LOT OF SOY AND IT HAS HELPED A LOT.

Answer by older at 10:32 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Black Cohosh is an herb that has been used for hundreds of years.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2009