Can anyone give me advice on how to poty train my daughter im having trouble....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Mine just turned 4 and we're still working on her. Make it easy for her. We tried EVERYTHING and one day she just went on her own. We have the toilet topper and stool in our spare bathroom and her potty chair in whatever room she's in. She started pooping in it, but now she's been having trouble with that. She desn't like big toilets, so when we go out I have to put the toilet topper seat in a large bag and just take it with to the bathroom. (Nobody wants to see that in a resturaunt LOL.

Talk to her as much as possible. Does she go to daycare? They ususally help and explain about the other kids when she goes to school and how she needs to be ready. IDK, some are trained at a year, some at 5yrs. Don't beat yourself up. We've recently resorted to offering her a toy of her choice if she goes poop in the potty 5 days in a row and that's not even working. It's a mental thing. Good luck.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 4:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Our 2 year 10 month old trained in one day! We didn't use pull ups or anything like that. We went straight to "big boy underwear." After peeing through his clothes 4 times that first day, that was it! If you are trying Pull-ups, I have heard they feel much the same as diapers to many kids. GOOD LUCK!
    TiffaniR

Answer by TiffaniR at 1:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2009