ok i am really not a bad person/mom

I am the mom dating her sons friend I am 40 my sons friends is 21 pass all the judgement you want. We really like each other and have a great time together. yes the sex is amazing but we have so much more than that. I need some REAL advice from someone who is going to just be judgemental and tell me im terrible. I like this guy alot and obviously dont want to hurt my son. Please how do I bring this up to him without hurting my sons feelings and how do you think my son will react. Please im in desperate need of real advice thanks.

qtpa2d

Asked by qtpa2d at 1:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• just tell him. theres no way around it. hell probably be weirded out by it....but thats something you will have to talk about
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Well in short. break of the relationship. At that age the boy is going to move on and leave you in the dirk. and your son is going to forever hate you for even dating his friend. So if you don't care about any of that. then just tell your son and keep doing what your doing.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• dark
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• If you are going to continue this relationship you have to treat your son as man and not a boy! If his friend is old enough for you to have an adult relationship with than your son is entitled to the same respect.
    I don't have any idea how he will respond but that is a chance you will have to take if this means that much to you.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 2:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I'm 45 and I just got hit on by a smokin hot 28 yr. old...I couldn't imagine actually dating him, ya, I'm sure the sex woulda been great but what else would we have in common...sorry, I can't relate.. but isn't your son far more important than any guy? I mean seriously, men cum and go don't they? Are you really concerned about your sons feelings? Dump the lil hottie if you really want to do right by your son...there are plenty of other fish in the sea..I'd say the price is far too high here, you're being really self absorbed, you can't possibly expect your son to deal with this, be the grown up here ...jmo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Whaaat? Hey your son is an adult but first and foremost HE is your son. That youngling can leave on a whim and then what do you have? A son who may be pretty darn upset that you are sleeping with his Buddy. I am sorry but that gives me the hebe jebies, I baby sat my sons friends and changed their diapers. I'm not judging, I'm just saying...YIKES.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• If you are comfortable in your relationship, then telling your son shouldn't be an issue. If you can't tell your son, maybe you should reevaluate your relationship.

Be prepared for your son to be pissed. No one wants to think of his friend having sex with his mom.

Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• There's an internet email chain letter with a list of "life lessons". One of them was really appropriate for a friend of my daughter's who didn't want her parents to know about a boy she liked. Now I think it's a good line for you...

If a relationship has to be secret, you shouldn't be in it.

If you have no cause to hide the relationship, no guilt, no real issues about it, then you would've been open from the beginning. Face it. He's a hot guy, it's a fun time, fantasizing that it will last forever is fun, but then... there's reality. You are a mother, you kept it secret for the same reasons that you know will hurt your son. If you want to open up, you WILL hurt him. And you probably won't stay with this guy a year more after that. Is he worth ruining your relationship with your son? Your choice.
    cutiemoose

Answer by cutiemoose at 11:06 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Your son will be hurt. You need to decide if the boytoy is more importnat than your child's feelings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• How many times do you need to ask this question? Didn't I just read this in the 5-8 yr old? And you claim to be an adult?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2009