im dating my sons college friend

OK i need some advice from younger moms because im a younger mom that why i am asking the question here lol.Just recently I started dating my sons friend I am 40 my son is 18 and hes friend from college is 21. I havent told my son yet and I dont know how he is going to react. My son had a bunch of his friends from college over and I met him there. I want to tell my son but I dont know what to say or how he will react.

qtpa2d

Asked by qtpa2d at 1:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well, talk to your son as an adult. Which, he is. Tell him that you're an adult and you and his friend really hit it off and you are dating. Tell him that it has nothing to do with him. I would make sure that he's okay with your decision, respects it, I mean. If he's going to be a big baby about it, then tell him its your choice and that you were being an adult by letting him know. If he really has some legit reasons to why he doesn't like the idea, i.e, his friend is a sleeze, then take that into consideration....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Thank you so much that is great advice. Honestly how do you think my son will react?
    qtpa2d

Answer by qtpa2d at 1:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Why are you posting this in the school age kids 5-8 forum?
    summerm

Answer by summerm at 2:15 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I know its weird im sorry but i dont want old ladies in other forums being like your sick get someone your own age. I need real practical advice from younger moms like me, sorry.
    qtpa2d

Answer by qtpa2d at 2:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I don't know your son, you do better than any of us. How do you think he will react. Is the friend ready/willing to tell your son?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• well, you probably should have talked to him first, before you started dating his friend...people might disagree and say u can do whatever you want, etc...but that would have been better. hopefully he wont lose his friend. he may feel embaressed that he didnt know...i dont know depends on the kid
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 4:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• seriously? are you going for some type of cougar of the year award? your son wil probably be mortified whenhe does find out. don't tell him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I would guess that he will be pretty disgusted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I would not date any of my son's friends. That would just be totally inappropriate.

Answer by missanc at 9:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I would guess that he would be disgusted too. A 40 year old woman has to be a bit immature to find similarities w/ a 21 year old guy. ESPECIALLY since men mature much slower. I guess if it is just for sex, what the hell right? But good luck trying to have a meaningful relationship that will actually work out.

To be honest, your life is yours.....but it is totally inappropriate to date one of your sons friends. How would you feel if you dad dated one of your college girlfriends when you were in school? I know that i could not be friends w/ that girl if my dad "did the deed" with her.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2009