uncomfortable situation

The other day me and hubby were home alone. We were fooling around and one thing lead to the next, we started having sex on the couch when we were in the middle of it my son and his friend came home and walked in on us. DH and I were deep in the middle of the act and didnt realize that they had walked in the front door. My son got frekaed out and i am sure he is embarrased by the situation, he a great kid but i know this is a hard thing for him to deal with. Do you think his friend is teasing him do you think his friend that walked in on us told there other friends . My son is clearly bothered by this and refusing to speak about it. I really want to help him with this but I dont know what to say or how to being it up to him. What do you guys suggest.

lilone917

Asked by lilone917 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• His friend might be teasing him, but more like a "Man, your mom is hot" kind of way. It will pass....have you tried talking to him about it? Not talking will just make everyone more uncomfortable. oh, and next time...lock the doors! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• First off, props to you for being active! Yay!

Honestly, I wouldn't try to strike up a conversation with your son about this...he probably just wants to forget about it and move on. I would offer a quick, "Hey, I'm sorry about the other day. I know you didn't want to see that and I'm sorry you and your friend were embarrassed. If you ever need to talk about sex or relationships, feel free to ask." And then move on without bringing it up again. That way, you acknowledge what he saw without forcing him to talk about it.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Ok a couple of things here lol First off the door was locked lol my son has a key and they unlocked the front door and walked in, we were just so caught up in the act I guess we didnt hear them. I havent tried to talk to him about I was hoping he would bring it up to me he hasnt I dont want anymore time to pass how do you suggest I bring it up to him without totally embarassing him? Also why do you think his friends are talking about me as if I am hot they are teenagers i am 37 lol ya know what I mean lol. Wouldnt you think they would be more inot the girls at school than there friends mom.
    lilone917

Answer by lilone917 at 2:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It would be bad for your son to be alone & walk in on you, but with the addition of a friend... YES, you are a topic around the lunchroom (or will be when school starts). They are teens. If you are great looking, then friend has told a bunch of guys about your son's insatiable mother. If you are average to not so great, then friend has told the guys about the unbelievable disgusting stuff they witnessed. Either way your son is in a really difficult position. You owe him an apology. (Mousuke's words are good) You should also pay close attention this year on how his social life is going. Once the word is out, presumptions will be made about his sexual openness and, if he's more reserved than you, he may have difficulty around guys and find "good girls" feel they need to avoid him. After your apology, you don't have to re-address the event, just provide help socially.
    cutiemoose

Answer by cutiemoose at 10:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You're the adult, why are you waiting for him to come to you to talk about it? haha, just bring it up casually like was previously said. You made the mistake, not him. It was an accident (a kinda funny one, but still). No big!

Apologize, keep it light. If you act like he witnessed something terrible and that it is a huge deal, it will become a huge horrible deal.

One of my friends (20 years old) was having a family dinner the other night and had to say to her dad "dad..I know we don't have many dress code standards in this house..but pants is one of them!" No one was embarrassed, and the situation became something to laugh about rather than feel awkward about.
    quorleeba

Answer by quorleeba at 1:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think your husband should be the one to talk about it with him its not really going to be easy for him to want to talk to you about it. And yes his friends are definitely picking on him about it, and all of them probably know by now. Sorry it is a uncomfortable situation I hate it for all of y'all.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 3:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2009