My 10 yr old daughter just started having extreme nighttime urination and even to the point that she wets her pants. I've heard it could be juv. diabetes, she has some other symptoms like always thirsty/hungry, dizziness, etc.. Does anyone have any info on this? I'm pretty scared.. I am taking her to the dr. tomorrow, but I don't think they will know anything until she can fast and get tested.

DaltonsMom79

Asked by DaltonsMom79 at 1:58 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Health

• is this sudden? have you noticed changes in her personality? I ask because this is a huge signal that someone may have hurt her hon. Not to scare you and I dont know your life..but when kids are abused by someone one of the first issues is bladder control because they are so nervous or frightened by the incident they lose control of there bladder. def get the physical stuff checked but also be aware of her behavior and atittudes. I pray I am way off on this, but I felt obligated to bring it up. good luck and hope shes ok and maybe its something with an easy fix.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It could be diabetes. They'll be able to tell even without a fasting blood sugar. With symptoms like she's got her blood sugar would be really high. Does she feel tired and sleepy a lot? complain of blurry vision? I'd question if she has mood swings but at that age that can be typical of her age.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Get her to a doctor today.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2009