How do you know when your fluid level is low?

I see all the time that women are induced or on bed rest because of low fluid levels. I'm just curious how it is that you found out. Are there symptoms? Measuring incorrectly? I'm just curious tonight, can't sleep so I thought I would ask!

nattabugsmommy

Asked by nattabugsmommy at 2:02 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Usually the doc measures the belly- and your measuring smaller than before, or too small- so they send you in for an ultrasound, and check the pockets of fluid... Also a sign would be decreased fetal movement, they would run a fetal wellbeing test-if that should fail to give good results, the same process would happen, ultrasound, measuring the pockets of fluid to make sure there is a good amount.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 2:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Thanks JnCV! :) I figured it would cause you to measure to small, but I wasn't sure how that worked. Makes complete sense though!
    nattabugsmommy

Answer by nattabugsmommy at 2:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• IDK my midwife did by ultra sound ( i was in allot for them) drink tuns of water, rest and it will get better! good luck!
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 2:28 AM on Aug. 19, 2009