my hubby is a firefighter he just finished school but...

he is thinking that he wants to go to medical and become a surgen in the ER. he works at a hospital so he knows the job... i barley survived him going to school, working at the station and i being alone all the time with our two kids. Is it really worth all the money he would make to not see him for four more years!!?? i love being a mom....but i am so tired with the baby, it affects me too

LadyDahl

Asked by LadyDahl at 2:13 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I hate when my DH is not around. I don't know how u do it. And even after he makes the money you still won't see him b/c he'll be on call or working etc...
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 7:16 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It would be more than 4 years - depending on what his undergrad is in. 4 years medical school, then residency... so you're looking at 7-10 years, depending on clinic hours, etc etc. There are other career opportunities in a hospital setting... I don't want to encourage you to put the lid on his dream, but expand his options. Paramedic or hospital technician maybe?? Just a thought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2009