tmi should this happen???

i am 28w 6d just a few moments ago i was using the restroom i really really had to poop but i get there and i only have a little diareha but my stomach got really really hard as i sat there thinking i still had to go! is this normal was my body trying that hard to get more poop out becuz i didnt think i was pushing like that or anything!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like you had a contraction. That is okay.
    Be sure to practice letting go and releasing. Relax on the toilet.
    I know this sounds odd, lol. But this is what we do in labor. (*The toilet is an excellent way to advance labor for so many women because they are already trained to release their bottoms there!)
    So try and avoid straining-- if you have to go that badly it will fall out. If it's not ready then walk around and come back when you can.
    You could be a little dehydrated, there might be some constipation in there, too.
    Drink a lot of water.
    Best wishes!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• WHATEVER U DO...DON'T STRAIN. It can cause hemmroids. That's the last thing u want being pregnant. Pregnancy cause constipation. Its normal in a pregnancy chick. Just don't force it. You'll blow a plug in there..lol good luck
    tremother23

Answer by tremother23 at 2:25 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• but i wasnt forcing anything i think my body was though becuz my stomach just got really really hard for a moment when i was sitting there but i guess there wasnt anything more to get out because then it just stopped but im still really crampy like i have to go still its like diareha pain but i dont think there is anything left to come out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I'm 9 months and have those same pains. But my doctor forbid me to strain.
    tremother23

Answer by tremother23 at 2:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It almost sounds to me like you had a braxton hicks contraction or maybe a real one because of the strain or whatever. As long as you weren't in pain and it isn't continuing i wouldn't worry about it. As far as the hemmroids go I have one and it's not from straining it's just from going! So you can get them either way from my experience anyways.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• so its bad if it happens again??? i was sitting here surfing the net the pain hasnt really stopped i still feel like i have to go and then i got really really tight again maybe like 10 minutes ago!! im not going into labor am i i am only not even 29w yet i still have months to go! you cant have real contractions this early right??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You can have contractions early. If you think this is what s happening you NEED to call your doctor! I would give it a little time to see if you do have to go to the bathroom, but if you don't then call the doctor! They will be able to help...but panicking will not do you any good!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• oh~ and sometimes a contraction is our body's natural way to let us know something isn't quite right. (It's not happy.) So contractions will come and go, but whenever you have any, try to use that as a reminder to DRINK a tall glass of water. Maybe eat a healthy snack. Rest, lie down.
    Good to practice "tuning-in" to your body now, too.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2009