what was the most desperate thing you did because you had no money

my husband had to steal toilet paper from the chinese food place across the street for us

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Applied for public assistance and food stamps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I went to the convience store and took sugar packets for the coffee i made at home
    ChuckandNichol

Answer by ChuckandNichol at 3:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• OMG I had to steal t.p. from the golf course up the street once~! What else are ya gonna do when you're broke?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I remember rolling pennies, but that's been long ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I agree with the first answer. Applied for PA.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• asked my parents for money. Can't get foodstamps cause we make to much money which is a load of crap. 3 kids and we both work minimum wage jobs. Stupid welfare system is so messed up. Our local job and family is giving out free cell phones and free minutes its like jeeze why make people work for anything when they can go to job and family and get everything free.. I actually thought about quiting my job since its only 16 hours a week just enough to get some food each week and sometimes not even that. I could get more in food stamps than I make at my job.
    crazymama0286

Answer by crazymama0286 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• coming very close to pawning my wedding rings bc kids need shoes, backto school im gonna need gas...but im not sureif its worth it...65 bucks!
    naomi12

Answer by naomi12 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Asked family for money. Skipped Christmas and birthdays. Gone to a food pantry. Begged our church for help.

DH is on disability and can't work. He needs care 24 hours a day. Disability won't cover that cost, so I can't work. Disability isn't enough to pay rent each month, let alone include electricity and food, and certainly not a car! However, his disability payments are $0.65 over the limit for any kind of PA. We're stuck. DH has Medicare now (still won't cover any kind of medical help in our home), but the kids and I have no insurance and can't afford to get it. We pray daily no one gets hurt or sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Wow, I have never ad to do anything that bad. I am very frugal, so when I do need $$ I have it.
    kgsharber

Answer by kgsharber at 5:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• pawned my wedding rings

Answer by admckenzie at 5:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2009