Sex question.... eek.

A bit embarassing but I've got to ask. Its been almost 2 months since I had my baby girl (c-section). The doctor gave the go ahead for everthing but when my husband and I tried to have sex... I was so tight he wouldn't really fit. Its like I'm a virgin all over again. (I've always been tight but not virgin like.)
We used lube and got "excited" before we tried but it didn't help at all. Also... during the last 2-3 months of my pregnancy the doc said NO sex so we have go without for like... 4-5 months... could that be part of it?

What can I do to help or fix the problem?

P.S.
I deleted this question by mistake a few minutes ago... SORRY!
If you answered before please do so again.... I need advice.
Thank you!!1

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Did you see my answer before?
    If not, then I'll just sum it up to say that it could be tension, could be fear of it hurting, could be stress, but a dr told me if something tramatic has happened to a female that can happen (doesn't have to be a sexual tramatic thing). If it keeps happening tho, see your dr to make sure that you're okay. could also be lack of estrogen if you're nursing.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Thats another issue I had... I couldn't nurse. None of my milk came in at all. (Frustrating.)

I just started birth control pills also... could that help or make it worse? I'm taking yaz.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I don't know really. But I would talk to your doctor about it if it continues.
    When it happened to me it was because of past sexual trama one time and when I was a teenager I had hyper tension that causes my insides to twist up. If the dr looked at you and said it looks fine in there, then it likely is and is something simple like hormone imbalance, stress or lack of attention like most new Mom's get.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• The BC pills can definitely be the problem.  Sex was painful for me after my first was born and I was also on the pill.  As soon as I stopped taking the pill the pain went away.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:14 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My dh & I could not get it all the way in for 8 mths because I was so tight. You will loosen up eventually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• basically I think its a combo of things. 1 you are scared it will hurt so that makes you clench up(without even knowing it), 2 its hormones hon-your body is in "take care of baby first" mode so its not releasing the particular hormones you need.3 the pills are making your hormones act a certain way...what you can do is this. every night have him help to stretch you back out. Have him start with relaxing you all over, massage or something like that, then with lots of lube, he can begin with inserting 1 finger at a time as you are comfortable with and going slowly. within a couple of weeks your vag should be relaxed enough to try again. If still not working then keep trying and seek professional help and tips from doc.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i am the same way right now.....i am 8 1/2 months preggo and m and hubbywnet to do it and becuase i was on strict bed rest and no sex it got tight...i men i was relaxed and i wanted it....preggo or not.....but yeahit hurt...all i can say is use alot of lube and go slow.....goodluck
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2009