Is there anyone who used to stand behind the pittbull breed 100% .....

But has had a experience that changed your position on the debate? If the question doesn't apply to you that's fine but there are PLENTY of Pro Pitt bull posts going on in cafe mom so you don't have to re post all the info here ok

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Okay my moms chichihua...CHICHIUA ( I know I'm spelling it wrong sorry) bit plenty of people before she died... and my moms beagle now? Growls and barks at my son allllll the time. So I know it isn't a breed thing.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Oh I think its chihuahua... I knew one of the syllables was repeated I just didn't sound it out! Sorry its late hehe
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Ok but question isnt about ANY breed The question is asking about pittbulls out of curiosity ...Thank you though for your imput on the Chihuahua & Beagle Breeds
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My tenants had a female pitt bull that got really nasty after they bred her. Had to be put down.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:52 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think the problem with pit bulls is not so much that they can be vicious about the amount of damage they can inflict if they become vicious. Especially compared to a smaller dog.  I am willing to give a pit bull the benefit of the doubt, we has a neighbor who had a very loving pit bull, but we also had another neighbor who had a not so loving pit.    

You really can't compare a smaller dogs attack, with a bigger dogs attack.  They will not do as much damage.  I have seen enough court shows and have heard enough judges and statistics, with regards to big dogs, pit bulls tend to be more dangerous, among the bigger dogs.    The judges that I have seen do not like the pit bulls.  Why? Because they have these cases all the time of these types of dogs, inflicting a lot of damage, form one attack.I wouldn't risk my families well being on a dog, that can potentially harm my kids.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I started out scared of pit bulls, and after I got to know one, I love them. Most of them are smart, lovable dogs. I think it's animal abuse to make them mean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• BS . Any dog that is not trained and handled properly can mess a person, or other animal up. We have a female, four year old American Pittbull/Lab mix and she is the most gentle loving dog that I have ever known.We have two rats, and she grooms them! My daughter has been rough with her on several occasions but my dog just lays there and takes it. She has put paint, chalk, and other powders on her and Skittles just lays there! After Rae is done she gets licked by our dog.Plus we got her out of a shelter,and she had been in and out for a few years before we came along.The only problem that I have with her is she licks our suede couch a lot. My friend has a pure breed pit and Porkchop is the same way. Her daughter has jumped on his ribs several times and he just lays there! There are more mothers out there that kill their children everyday then pittbull attacks that end in death.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 3:06 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Are you serisously telling me that its their fault for how their owners treated and raised them? That they are not allowed to defend themselves? Pitts have a better temperment than german shephards. They are nicknamed 'Nanny Dogs' for a reason. I bet your one of the people that think that when a woman gets raped it was her fault too.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 3:09 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• A pitbull is not for a beginner. You have to be careful where you get one from. You don't want to buy from a fighting line. They can be a great family dog.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I am a firm believer that you make a dog be aggressive. There are plenty of dogs that have a reputation of being agressive that are loving and gentle. I have a boxer who will bark at you and growl if he doesn't know you when you come into my house or approach my house. That is normal, but for a dog to run loose and maul a person or another animal is a dog that was never taught how to behave and not be aggressive.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 8:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2009