other people and you baby?

anyone else have some unique encounters with other people and your baby, people ask me if they can take a picture of my daughter bc shes so cute mostly little girls or older woman. i get stopped everywhere bc people want to talk to her and tell me how pretty she is. of course it makes me feel good but does this happen to anyone else. sometimes i get annoyed with it bc im in a hurry or something. i had one lady ask me to hold her when i was at the beach ( of course i said no!) im not crazy but why do people hurd around babies like that, i cant see myself ever doing that, i mean ill smile and wave at a small child but never interfeir with them.

letlovegrow

Asked by letlovegrow at 3:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i always have people saying how beautiful my daughter is and asking to hold and and stuff... its awkward when you dont know them...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• oops that wasnt supposed to be anonymous.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:37 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yes I have people googling and oogling over my dd (4 months) constantly!! It does get old but im glad that my dd can help bring a smile and a little happiness to someone elses day since she always brings so much happiness in to my life every day. as to the other part of the quesetion people like looking at beautiful babies and although babies are "cute" when they see one that is Beautiful it makes them stop.. The doctor in the ER the other night got thrown off track telling me what was going on with me cause she kept just being her cute self and he repeated the same sentence 3 times in a row lol. I guess just be thankful that you have a child that can help bring a little happiness into others lives =)
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 3:59 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I will not allow anyone to take a photo of my child and yes I am glad that my DD can make someones day and have them smile. Holding my child NO WAY. I would ask the person that. You just don't walk up to someone and say can I hold your baby. That is weird and scary at the same time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• When the NICU nurse was bringing my DS to me after his 16hr nicu stint (the twins were preemies, but he was the only one with a little breathing trouble), about five others on their lunch breaks came with her. They wanted to see my DD, because, and I quote, "if her brother was that beautiful a baby, she must be gorgeous." SO I had a game of pass the baby with all the NICU nurses. The rest came up later on their subsequent breaks to see her aND DS

Now I have some interesting stories about what people think/say about twins...but that would take an entire post.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 6:04 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• me and hubby was just telling his mom about this happening to our little girl shes 14months,well be eating i n a restruant and as peope go by they will pat her head(has happend more then once)as they go by,ive had people walk up and just pick her up without asking,ive had peple give her candy and toys. as for y peope do that,mabe they have grandkids they dont get to see,i dont know
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• when so was about maybe 6 or 7 months, we were having breakfast at a local cafe and our waitress had all the other waitresses come to our table to verify how adorable she was. a few months later, we were having dinner at outback and an older fellow (late 50's, early 60's) passed our table and patted so on the head as he went!

and separately another waitress, oldish with too much makeup and too few teeth, begged us to let her babysit. why yes, random stranger who's obviously made the most of important life decisions, let me entrust you with my most precious child, with whom you've become unhealthily enamored during the course of our breakfast!
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 9:09 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• some people do not know of or have ever heard of manners. I might comment on your child BUT I would never ask to hold a strangers child or take a pic of that child. Too many wackos out there. I even make sure I ask my family members if I can hold their babies, you never know if the child is sick, needs feeding etc etc it is just good manners. Of course I do take tons of pictures of all my nieces and nephews I do give copies to the parents....lol be strong Momma

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• omg, I wish people wouldn't try to touch my son! lol. They sometimes want to touch his feet, but I tell them that he puts those in his mouth too! Yes, I've had people offer to hold him as well. People (especially seniors, I've found) just love babies. Just politely say thanks, but no thanks!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• There is something about babies that makes people's hearts melt. Just be nice to most of them. They do not have to hold them, but they might pat their head, hold their hands/feet. They are paying you a compliment and probably thinking of their own children when they were little.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2009