Soooooooo Bored!

Took a long walk today. Wish there was a way to dilate yourself. There are ways to naturally induce, but if the body's not ready, nothing will work. I see my doc tomarrow for a 39wk. At this point, I'd take a c-section LOL.

What's the dilation requirements for them to induce? Last time they checked I was 1cm. When I was induced with my daughter I was 3cm. Anyone induced at 2cm? Last time was a different doc. I swear, if I go in and I'm 3cm or more, I'm not leaving there without a date LOL. I will sit there until I go into labor!

In soo much pain! So, how much dilated do you think I need to be?

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 3:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• On your due date you can ask to be induced
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Every dr is different. My dr was willing to do whatever I wanted as long as I passed 37 weeks. Hang in there..it's at the end already.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 6:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• When you go in for your appointment explain how much pain you are in, and ask if they can go ahead and schedule a date for induction if you don't go naturally. They may not schedule till after 40 weeks, but you may get a date! If I were you I would go for a quiet walk and take a long hot bath before going to the doctor and relax....maybe this will help! May bring on some contractions or you may dilate a bit more!!! Good Luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Some doctors will do it with a little dilation, others won't if there is no medical need. (It adds unnecessary risks.)
    questions, lol~ When were you induced with your daughter (3 cm, but also 39 weeks)? Why were you induced with her? Would you really want a cesarean? What is going on with your pain, where & what? Do you need help to alleviate it?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2009