Why wouldn't you want nationalized health care?

It seems like it will be really awesome...check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv1FwOCNoZ8

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because it sucks. There are too many gaps in the system. You're welcome to move to Canada and try it.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 4:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Because it is NOT my responsibility to supply a lazy loser with health care cause he is a PA abuser. I also don't like the fact that I won't be able to afford the taxes they will be charging and my private insurance that I worked hard to obtain! I refuse to have some mediocre president who thinks he is a doctor telling me or anyone else what hospitals are fitting for our needs!

Oh and if you don't think he believes he is a doctor listen to this b.s.

the bs

Because we all know our Primary doctor is the one who removes tonsils not an ENT. Idiot!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Oh on that last part that was sarcasm!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Watched it anon. Yah, he's an idiot LOL.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 4:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Because it will collapse the economy when the gov takes over 1/6th of it. and WE CAN"T AFFORD IT! And the gov is not capable of running a whorehouse in Las Vegas let alone something as massive as our healthcare system. Just for starters.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I've always said that Americans are being fed propaganda about universal health care.  I have lived in Britain and now I live in Canada and  I've never had a problem with health care.  It's certainly not a perfect system but "the perfect system" does not exist.  At least I have quality medical care whenever I need it without the financial worries or the stress of waiting for insurance companies to approve treatment.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• The changes need to start with the insurance providers themselves. Drs need to be able to do thier job.....doctoring...........not fighting with insurance companies that wont cover a necessary procedure before trying all kinds of other things the dr knows will not fix the problem. (I know for fact this happens, heard a dr on the phone with an insurance company over this exact issue....ended up telling the ins co he would do it their way, waste their money & they would end up covering the procedure anyways, after paying double to do it their way. & this was after his nurse had no luck with the insurance company)
    I agree there are a lot of working people & elderly without adequate health care & that needs to be fixed. I do not want illegal immigrants to have health care that we pay taxes for (even though they already do, but that is an entire different issue).
    Grandma2Olivia

Answer by Grandma2Olivia at 6:59 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I have lived in Britain and now I live in Canada and I've never had a problem with health care. It's certainly not a perfect system but "the perfect system" does not exist. At least I have quality medical care

then you don't know what quality care is! you don't get a say in this matter--as it has no impact on you--unless you come to america for some of your health care???? lololol quality is relative to what you know--you can't miss what you never had. you can keep your socialism--we don't want it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Why wouldn't I want nationalized health care? Do some research & you will find that its not all the same. There is insurance for the 'haves' & insurance for the 'have nots'. As always, those with the least resources will have inadequate care. Please, look at the countries that have nationalized health care....look at the pros & the cons. Then take a look at what has really driven the cost of health care through the roof over the years here in the USA. Do your research ladies, don't rely on the media to give you information. Remember, with this issue as well as any other, the media tells us only what they want us to know.
    Think about it, the money for this program is going to have to come from somewhere. Don't believe for a moment that the wealthy are the only ones that will pay for this program, what class do you think our congressmen/women fall into. My guess is they make more than the average working American.
    Grandma2Olivia

Answer by Grandma2Olivia at 7:08 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• personally I am not against nationalized health care, but I am against the plan they are proposing right now. It costs too much and takes too much control away from the doctors and patients and puts it in the hands of the government. Sorry, but I don't want some government peon with no medical degree making life or death decisions for me. I have several friends from Canada and Britain and they all say that the plan proposed right now is not good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Aug. 19, 2009