What kind of rash is this? Sleepy mom needs help!

pictures are here:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v727/goddessofddrrave/?action=view¤t=0818092352a.jpg

It's 1 in the morning and my daughter won't go to sleep because every which way she turns, it hurts. The diaper rubs up against the rash. I've tried looking up what it could possibly be...like perianal dermititis, but no luck. The problem is that it's ABOVE her butt, lower back area. I don't know if it might be allergies, but as far as I know, she hasn't really gotten any NEW foods recently. Is there anything I can do, she's crying and she looks like she's in ALOT of pain. :( I'm going to take her to the doctor tmmrw, I just want to be able to tell her what it might be. I need to go to school tmmrw early too, and I wanna make sure that she's ok first, and I need to get some sleep! Please help!

sehanamommie

Asked by sehanamommie at 3:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OMG that looks horrible!!! If this were my child, I would put baby powder on the area.... My son is allergic to EVERYTHING... laundry soaps, meds, lotions, etc.... baby powder seemed to always at least help sooth... plus it will dry the rash out! ALSO.... you can maybe use cortizone cream.... cant spell, im sleepy too! It looks mighty painful.... is this rash moist or really dry? is her diaper rubbing against it? Maybe even let your baby sleep without a diaper tonight... how old is she?
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:58 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Sounds like eczema. The link didn't work. keep it dry, use wash clothes and water to wipe her. Try changing her diaper brand. Tonight, you might consider letting her sleep without a diaper so it can air out. Or make sure the diaper is folded down. Loose clothing, hydrocordizone. My dd had this issue and changing her diapers and using sensitive wipes worked well. GL...I hope she feels better.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 4:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• my baby had that on and off,its from sweating when laying on hat area i put pretrolem jelly on it at night,it wil also help with the burning it has when things rub aginst it.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2009