Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you go to the dr???

I have had pains in my heart area for the past 5 days. its in the front part and my back where my heart is.
its a constant pain and ill sometimes get sharp pains in it...but is pretty much berable for the most part but the sharp pains are painful.
my grandfather died from cardiac arrest but thats the only heart problems iknow of in my family...

my So thinks i should see a dr. he said if its my heart hurting its nothing to mess around with

Answer Question

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:57 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 20 (9,279 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • yes!!! Go to the dr- sounds like something that could be serious... I would get it checked out!

    Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:59 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • YES GO GO GO...please go to the Dr or the ER. I just dealt with something similar it scared me to admit i needed to go but i had to remember that I have to take care of me to be able to take care of my baby girl...Your baby deserves to have a healthy mama and if that means taking yourself to the ER and possibly having to take baby with you then so be it. Again PLEASE go, if not for yourself but for your little one

    Answer by ReneeLRS at 4:02 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • I would go to the doctors also. That is nothing to mess with. How long ago did you have a child? I had a spinal and for like the first 5-6 months i had some sharp pain in my chest (heart area) I went to the doctors and they were more happy that I come in cause it could have been worse. GL

    Answer by raemommy at 4:02 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • 6 months ago but this pain just started

    Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • It is better to go and have it be nothing than to not go and have it be heart after all. Go and find out. At the very least you'd have peace of mind. Would you please post a follow up?


    Answer by Bmat at 7:25 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • I agree with your SO completely. Heart pain, or pain anywhere around the heart, is nothing to mess around with. If they tell you that you are fine, great! But if there is a problem, better to find out and get it resolved than to end up in the ER with a heart attack. Please, listen to him and go to the dr.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 8:16 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • Yes, you need to go. It could be a heart issue, or it could be something muscular, either way, you need to get looked at!

    Answer by KTMOM at 8:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • GO!!

    Answer by eluc at 8:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • yeah i would go to the dr but it could be acid reflux i got that after i had my son

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • It could just be reflux. Heart problems tend to also have shooting pains down your arm or numbness, dizziness. But with the heart, it's better safe than sorry. It could be something to catch early, ya know.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.