Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I believe I may have an ulcer, symptoms? treatment?

I have had them in the past. I have a pain Lower right female area and it feels as if I've been stabbed. Hurts when I press in on it. Is pepto bismol good for them or NO?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Health

Answers (3)
  • dont' mean to say you are wrong ...just want to help usually ulcers don't affect this area ...most cases symptoms are chronic burning gnawing stomach pain after you eat or at night time/but in case you have an ulcer for quick relief drink a big glass of water then make your self a bowl of mashed potatoes as plain as possible this helps control to much acid in you stomach/eat a lot of cabbage raw!- cooked squash, yams, -bananas-apples,all this have vitamins A B U. the best for ulcers also try this herbs st.John's wort-chamomile-marshmallow root is extremely good for stomach problems-flax seed oil golden seal - avoid fry foods for now and eat as much raw fruits & veg as posible GOOD luck!


    Answer by annyPG at 8:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • My husband takes over the counter prilosec that really seems to help him ask your pharmacist how many you can take. 


    Answer by patchthatpays at 9:08 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • Sounds like you may have an ovarian cyst. A cyst on your ovary. Usually these go away on there own with no probs, but in some cases, they can rupture and you need to have a doc take care of it. You should probably go to your girlie doc and get an exam just to be sure.

    Answer by NicoR at 3:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
would you go to the dr???