Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I have horrible horrible teeth! and I had a back tooth chip 4 times this last week the one in front of that chiped a long time ago... and now the fillingi n the middle is lower then the 3 corners holding the filling in and I woke up just now in tears! It hurts! I cant BREATH! help any one...

I do not have insurence! So no one will see me! Everyone wants you to pay up front and I cant do that either! WHAT TO DO!

Answer Question

Asked by Pooky0815 at 7:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • I am sorry. It sounds very painful. The dentists won't even let you work out a payment plan? Try calling your local government and asking if there is a dental clinic that they recommend, or ask that of the other dentists.

    Answer by Bmat at 7:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • You could try to find a dental school nearby. They are usually less expensive. You can also try to crush up an aspirin and put it directly on the tooth that is bothering you. Try anbesol. I feel your pain; I'm in the middle of getting a tremendous amount of dental work done. I hope it gets better soon. Hugs to you!

    Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 7:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • Some dentist will work a payment plan. Basically what Bmat said. I am sorry you are in pain!

    Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • soooo sorry... this might sound weird but my Hb rinses with hydrogen peroxide (brown color bottle) when he has a tooth ache do this a few times per day DO not swallow! If you don't have any for now then get very warm cup of water and add some salt about 1/2 - 1 tbs for 8oz water/ rinse as often as possible relax ,you can make a chamomile tea and or if you have sesame seeds you can make a tea out of it this, is good for pain relief ,about two spoon full of sesame seeds -boil them for few minutes  take out  seeds and let tea cool a bit & drink. hope you feel better!


    Answer by annyPG at 8:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • call your health department and ask if they can help

    Answer by bettylou420 at 8:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • When you get on medical for your pregnancy it will include dental. Call the dept. of Human services and they will mail you an application for medical assistance.

    Answer by Fordmomma at 8:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • I hear on the news last nigh that Dr and dentist will sometimes barter from their services or part of it. I am not sure how you would found a dentist who will do so. Go to NBC and see if you can found the story.
    I feel so much for you nothing is worse then teeth pain or any pain when you can not take step to fix the problem.

    Answer by Alieda at 10:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • Thanks Ladies! I am doing my best! Off to work I go! :( Hugs Back

    Answer by Pooky0815 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.