Breastfeeding

Does anyone know what the best book or website is for info on breastfeeding? Something that will cover everything like basics, tips, advice, do's and dont's, etc. I really want to try and BF my 3rd baby when he/she comes. I tried with my 1st child but that was almost 4 years ago.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• www.kellymom.com  www.askdrsears.com  www.llli.org  These are my go-to sites for all things breastfeeding and baby.

aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 7:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Patience and don't give up. Contact your local La Leche League or see if they have a web site. I've BF four kids so I have some experience. You can always PM me with specific questions. But it's trial and error. It is something you have to learn even tho' it's supposed to be natural. Once baby latches properly you are pretty much all set.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• http://kellymom.com/ has a wealth of information also. Good luck to you Momma, my first son I gave up on before I ever left the hospital but the second two came out rooting and pretty much attached themselves!! It also doesn't hurt to find a good BF consultant, there is one at my ob's office she was was extremely helpful.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Ditto to it all. Be patience and don't give up. Good luck. I lot of us have been there, I am bf my second going on 20 months. It is so worth it.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:46 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Be sure to ask for a lactation consultant to come to your room while you're at the hospital - they really helped me out!

Answer by missanc at 8:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Look at the La Leche League, kellymom.com, and also the Dr. Sears breastfeeding book all helped me!! Good Luck mama, you can do it!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Thanks ladies!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Also, join the breast feeding mom's group here on CM. There is LOTS of information there too, and even though you're still pregnant, you'll be welcomed with open arms!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2009