could this possibly be true....=(?

So after i had my kid i gainned alot of weight and now that i'm out there looking for work i have been on countless interviews and there be all great but no one seems to hire me. Only thing i can think of is that i have all this extra weight now. I know it could be self esteem issues at work here, but before i was preggie i had a nice figure and first two job i had i got same day. I am still the same great person but just a different look, could it be that ppl are judgin me by my chubbiness?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• if employers are looking at weight it might be for insurance reasons, and lower employer premiums. but 2/3 of us are now overweight so they need to stop, they are missing out on alot of great potential employees.
    goodluck and keep looking!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:46 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• if you feel this way, it is probably comming across to them without you realizing it. that and it's also one of the hardest job markets out there right now. why don't you get a new cut, some new make up and try something out for your next interview. walk in there with the most cofidence you can muster, even if you need to fake alittle, and you will see a difference. good luck!!!!
    that_one_chick

Answer by that_one_chick at 8:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Never heard of that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• As a business owner....I would look more toward how you might be projecting this onto yourself and your attitude about yourself via your self-esteem. Know that you are FAR more valuable than how you look. Focus on your skills and experience. Things are tough right now finding a job, but you hang in there Mamma. I personally would hire a skilled person with a good attitude regardless of size or shape. You are going to find the right job, you just keep right on steppin! ; )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Well, i am sure that it is possible, but i wouldnt think it is! Times are tough right now! before when there was a job they probably had like like 12 people to look at and half of them probably didnt have experience. Now that things are so rough companies probably have 120 people going for the same job and all of them have experience so they have to choose who is best for them, and if you mention that you have a baby at home may not help if someone else doesnt have one., because of being sick and what not. So i would make sure not to mention that until after you have the job! good luck though!!! dont be so hard on yourself!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• it happens all the time i have faced it so manny times its horrible but its legal
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 11:04 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I truly hope that's not the case. I know how you feel though. I still have to lose about 10 lbs. It's all worth it though! Have you ever thought about working from home? I recently started working from home and I’m very happy with my decision!!! I work with a great team of Moms. We help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. I don't have to worry about what people think. I can look how I want and wear what I want.
    I'd love to give you information about our great team!
    Visit me at:
    www.4MyFamilyandMe.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:37 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I do career and job search coaching. . I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly. –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 11:37 AM on Aug. 19, 2009