could this be true???? =(

So after i had my kid i gainned alot of weight and now that i'm out there looking for work i have been on countless interviews and there be all great but no one seems to hire me. Only thing i can think of is that i have all this extra weight now. I know it could be self esteem issues at work here, but before i was preggie i had a nice figure and first two job i had i got same day. I am still the same great person but just a different look, could it be that ppl are judgin me by my chubbiness?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Health

• unfortunantly it could be, BUT BUT BUT thats not saying everytime it was actually that. I think that you are right, it is self esteem and how you are veiwing yourself. People can sense, especially a potential employer, if you are confident or not, and thats what they are seeing or not seeing.Try to remember, you didnt just "get fat" you had a baby and if you look into your babys face-wasnt it worth it/ :o) the wieght you can help come off, your self esteem doesnt have to be tied to that. You are still you, the skills you have are still there, lift your head proudly hon. I mean heck you brought a human being into this worl with your own body-how much power is in that? good luck and chin up.(hugs) the right job will come and you will be ok.:o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• yes and it might not be a conscious thing

i have heard of satistics that say that people with more height get better promotions

boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It couldn't possibly be becuase the country is in recession and unemployment rates continue to rise. More potential employees means that interviewers can be more picky about who they hire. It's a tough job market and a tough economy. I doubt employers are passing you by just becuase you put on a few pounds. RIght now they need all the quaity, lowest pay type people they can get to help them through the tough times. Just keep at it and you'll find something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• think of this..1 position. more than likely. several HUNDRED people are possibly applying for that position. In this economy, there are people who, before, wouldnt even consider applying for certain type of jobs, they would think they were "above" or "overqualified" to want a job like that. Now, you see those same people applying for those jobs, and potential employers taking advantage of hiring those people who they can get, for the same salary, but sometimes, more experience, education, ect, as they could if they hired someone in "typical" times who would normally fit the required job description.
    I wouldnt take it too personally based on your weight. Look at other factors going on right now. Your weight, is something you can change. The economy.. there isnt much you can do about right now. If you are concerned it may be your weight, slowly cut back a few calories here and there and it will come off. Good luck!
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 10:16 AM on Aug. 19, 2009