For Moms W/ Spit Up Babies

Do you notice when you change their diet that they spit up even more? I just started adding rice and now he spits up all the time.

momtoblake

Asked by momtoblake at 8:09 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you adding the rice cereal to his formula, or spoon feeding it? My friend's baby spit-up more when the cereal was added to the bottle. If you want to thicken formula, try Enfamil AR - it has the rice starch added, without the extra calories. Good luck - I've got a reflux baby - the spitup subsided around 6 months!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:13 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My son seemed to overeat. Especially when it tastes good, and he'd spit up constantly. It took till he was eating more solids (like baby food) before the spit up slowed down. As long as baby gains weight and is in good health he's prob ok. Maybe try feeding things just a little at a time, maybe just more often. If you get too worried, talk with pedi.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2009